So February was a rough month for me. I don’t need to go into the details, but we all have those bad days that extend into a week, and continue on to a month, right? Well I wanted to challenge myself to do something healing every day in the month of March to recuperate and get back to a healthy body, mind and heart.
While I didn’t take a photo every day (yikes, I know), the challenge got me to thinking about taking care of myself every single day. Whether it was watching an all male ballet company dress in drag and dance en pointe, cuddling with my dog, or wearing polka dot socks and drinking wine in front of a fire, I was healing from some bad days.
Here are some of the things I did in March to heal:
- Organizing my personal space
- Morning cuddles with the puppy
- Chasing sunshine every chance I got
- Dressing up and going to a ballet (twice!)
- Coffee. More coffee.
- Movie nights
- Naturopathic doctor appointments
- Sundae sister dates!
- Date nights
- Mentoring students who are about to embark on a “spring break” of volunteering
- Ikea trip! Or, just organizing my house…
- Cooking party
- Bad (but exciting) movies
What do you do to heal?